The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain, is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain (a term sometimes loosely applied to the whole state), the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another state: the Republic of Ireland. Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea in the east, the English Channel in the south and the Irish Sea in the west.
UK immigration policy is such that investment in the economy is strongly encouraged, and for people, who are ready to invest, the most favorable conditions for obtaining a residence permit and citizenship are created.
UK TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA:
- Tier 1 Investor visa is intended for those who are willing to invest in the UK no less than £2.000.000.
- Investor visa, or a residence permit on the “investor” category or Tier (1 Investor) – can be formalized for the whole family (spouses and children under 18).
- Initially, the visa is issued for three years and four months (in the case of investments of £ 2.000.000, with the following extension for two years).
- It is possible to travel outside the UK on an investor visa up to 180 days a year.
- It is important that the applicant for an investor visa to the UK does not need to confirm his/her knowledge of the English language and does not need to prove the availability of funds for the family that resides in the UK.
- The candidate is deemed to be wealthy enough in order not to work.
- There is no need to provide his/her plans for business development to the immigration office, in contrast to the candidates applying for an entrepreneur visa.
The terms of obtaining permanent residence and citizenship of the UK depend on the amount of investment, namely:
Investment of £ 2.000.000
the permanent residence is obtained in five years and the citizenship of UK on the sixth year.
Investment of £ 5.000.000
the permanent residence is obtained in three years and the citizenship of UK on the fifth year.
Investment of £ 10.000.000
the permanent residence is obtained in two years and the citizenship of UK on the fifth year.
Along with the investment of personal funds, it is possible to use borrowed funds provided by the British financial institutions.
According to the immigration rules, along with the investment of personal funds, the investor has the ability to use borrowed funds that should be obtained in the British financial institutions:
- A loan of £ 2.000.000 may be obtained under the condition that “investor” has the financial means of no less than £ 4.000.000.
- A loan of £ 5.000.000 may be obtained under the condition that “investor” has the financial means of no less than £ 10.000.000.
- A loan of £ 10.000.000 may be obtained under the condition that “investor” has the financial means of no less than £ 20.000.000.
Funds and assets owned by a spouse or a partner can also be considered in the evaluation of private means of the “investor”.
Conditions for obtaining Tier 1 (Investor) visa:
The candidate has free financial means in the amount of £ 2.000.000 and is ready to invest them in the UK economy through the purchase of the British governmental / corporate bonds, shares of UK companies or through the investment of funds in the existing companies registered in the UK.
Investments in real estate or means placed on the general deposits in the bank are not taken into account.
The candidate can take a bank loan in the UK financial institutions for investments worth no less than £ 2.000.000. In this case, it is necessary to show the availability of financial means of no less than £ 4.000.000.
In making an assessment of the candidate financial means the funds and assets owned by his spouse, partner in a civil marriage or same-sex partner can be considered.
UK TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA:
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is created for those who want to open a new business in the UK or buy an existing one (or a share in it).
- Residence permit on the Tier (Entrepreneur) category – can be formalized for the whole family (spouse and children under 18).
- Initially, the visa is issued for three years and four months with the following extension for two years, the permanent residence is obtained in five years and citizenship of the UK on the sixth year.
- It is possible to travel outside the UK on entrepreneur visa up to 180 days a year.
- The entrepreneur can open or buy any UK company of the four existing types (or a share in it):
- The private company with limited liability;
- The public company with limited liability;
- The private company with unlimited liability;
- The private partnership with limited liability.
Conditions for obtaining Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa:
To know English language at the appropriate level
The minimum level of language knowledge should correspond to the level B1 of the pan-European CEFR scheme.
Availability of funds for residence.
The applicant must provide evidence that he has the sum of money with a minimum required balance on his bank account. There must be no less than £ 3.100 during the last three months, in that case the amount for each family member is defined as the £ 1.800. The candidate cannot use the part of the investment money to prove the availability of funds for residence.
Investment of £ 200.000 in business in the UK
The applicant does not need to have his own funds in the amount of £ 200.000. This amount of money can be obtained from the third parties, namely:
- from relatives living either in the UK or abroad;
- from any other investor staying either in the UK or abroad;
- from any legal entity staying either in the UK or abroad.
Would you like to speak to one of our advisers over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.
Interested in obtaining citizenship though purchasing a real estate?
Search for valuable investment options and a home away from home, that will qualify you for a second citizenship: