Created as a stimulus for domestic economic growth in 1993, Dominica citizenship-by-investment is one of the most affordable legal programmes available to the global community. And with the new regulations, it might be one of the easiest places to invest in dual citizenship for you and your family!
Effective December 2016, Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment Programme recognizes children (up to 28 years of age) and parents (over 55 years of age) as fully supported candidates by way of the main applicant. Family members no longer need to submit multiple applications; the new regulation allows the main applicant to include all family members, that fall into the financial requirements and age descriptions, into his or her application.
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY FOR FAMILY MEMBERS:
- The registration of a child under five years of age, born after citizenship has been obtained is subject to a US$ 2,000 processing fee.
- Children of the main applicant or his/her spouse between the ages of 18 and 28 years, who attend school full-time (recognized institution of higher learning after his/her 18th birthday) (or fully supported by) can be added to the application.\
- An unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under 28 years of age and is living with (or fully supported by) the main applicant can be added to the application.
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his/her spouse above the age of 55 years living with (or fully supported by) the main applicant can be added to the application.
Dominica is the only place in the Caribbean offering a Citizenship by Investment Programme that allows for such a wide age frame. Normally, most of the islands only allow dependents up to 26 years of age and parents over 65 years to be included in the application.
The government processing fees for Dominica Citizenship though investment in real estate is as follows:
- Main applicant: US$ 50,000
- Spouse: US$ 25,000
- Child 0-18 y.o.: US$ 20,000
- Dependent 18-28 or 55+ years of age: US$ 25,000
In case of real estate investment, government processing fees will apply. For a family of 4, the application fee is US$ 75,000. For a family of 6 the application fee is US$ 100,000.